Herbert Henry Dow High School by Alden B. Dow
Just eight years after the opening of Midland High School, Alden B. Dow began the design of his second high school for his growing hometown.
1002 W. Park, Midland, MI
Renovations by Alden B. Dow FAIA, to an existing structure in 1935.
John A. Panter concluded his long career with the Dow Chemical Company as director of the Industrial Chemical Sales department. Although the Panter residence was not originally designed by Alden B. Dow, the architect made several interior and exterior alterations to the structure between 1935 and 1940.
The dressing room was altered in 1935 and a bedroom was remodeled in 1939. The living room was expanded into an existing screened porch and a new foyer with a glass block wall was added to the north side in 1936. The final alteration designed by Mr. Dow was the addition of a garden room, a portion of which had a domed ceiling, on the south side of the house in 1940.