Alden B. Dow Home and Studio Mon-Sat at 2:00 pm and Fri-Sat 10am, Closed Sundays.
We are closed until January 22nd working on preservation and restoration projects
Tunnel Tours: Through the months of February, March and April, Saturday Public Tours will include the underground tunnel that connects the Home to the Studio.
Movie Sundays: Reserve Tickets on our online calendar by date of show.
Home and Studio Tourist Policies and Procedures:
- Reservations Required either through our online calendar or by calling 1.866.315.7678
- Parking: Tour parking is behind the old Post Street School.
- Photography: We allow exterior photography but not interior photography.
- The Home and Studio has many level changes and is not required to follow ADA guidelines. It is not wheelchair accessible.
- We provide a secured closet to lock up purses and handbags, and other personal belongings that we do not allow to travel through the Home and Studio.
- Children must be 8 years or older to travel through.
- Please call the Home and Studio at 1.866.315.7678 24 hours in advance for full refund if cancellation becomes necessary.
- If a tour is filled for a specific date please call the Home and Studio 1.866.315.7678 to discuss alternative tour arrangements with a member of our staff.
- Length of tour is approximately an hour and a half.
Make your trip to the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio even more memorable by including The Dow Gardens, Midland Center for the Arts or a Loons baseball game. Explore the Great Lakes Region. Sample itineraries are available for both day and over night excursions in Midland, Michigan.
Volunteer Docent Opportunities
Would you enjoy volunteering in a playful and creative environment? We are looking for a few good men and women to join our volunteer ranks as tour guides. Hours are flexible – volunteers give 3 tours per month, with one tour on a Saturday. To learn more about our training, environment and the volunteer requirements, please contact Daria Potts at 1.866.315.7678 or email email@example.com.