Monday – Thursday: 2 PM
Friday & Saturday: 11 AM & 2 PM
Due to current Covid-19 restrictions the Home and Studio is limited to a maximum of 9 guests per tour. Please call and speak with someone in guest services to make arrangements.
Bus Touring Groups Welcome!
Bring your friends, co-workers or club members and witness a rich history of mid-century, organic architecture.
Group Rates: ADVANCED RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
If your Group Tour decreases to under 15 people, it will become a private tour, the cost will be $300.00 (finishing during business hours) or $350.00 (finishing after business hours).
Home and Studio Group Tour Policies and Procedures
•Length of visit is approximately 2 hours that includes tour and time for
•Tour parking is behind the old Post Street School.
•Bus groups must stop your bus outside of the gates and wait for tour guides to
walk out and give directions for unloading. Pick up is on the outside of gates
as well. Please instruct your bus driver to not take the bus beyond the gates.
•Bus groups only: 1 Tour Director is comped.
•We ask that group reservations are made 30 days prior to tour and confirmation of final number of tourists confirmed 1 week prior to tour. This allows us to schedule an adequate number of docents for your group.
•If cancellation becomes necessary, 30 day notice is required via email at email@example.com or 989.839.2744
•To insure the safety of the artwork, all purses (including small cross
bodies), handbags and other personal belongings will be stored in a locked cabinet during the tour.
•We allow exterior photography but no interior photography.
•The Home and Studio is 20,000 square feet with many level changes and is not ADA compliant. It is not wheelchair accessible.
•Certified Service Animals are welcome. Pets are not allowed. Please confirm inclusion of a service animal at the time of booking.
•Children must be 8 years old to attend tour. Children 7 years and under not permitted on tour.
•Public Restrooms are available on site.
•Tours end in our gift shop please allow time for those wanting to shop.
•Feel free to include a link to our website www.abdow.org on your promotional
campaigns. Your guests can learn about Mr. Dow and his work under the history page or in the BLOG section.
• Attached is an image of or the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio that may be used in your marketing campaigns.
• Visit https://www.abdow.org/tours/while-in-midland/ to find links to other venues in the Midland area.
Covid-19 Policies and Procedures:
• The individual who makes the reservation is asked to review the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio Covid-19 Policies and Procedures with all the guests in their party. By checking the box, that individual guarantees they have reviewed the policies and each person in their party has agreed to them.
• Guests are encouraged to leave personal items such as coats, backpacks and purses in their vehicles as they are not allowed to carry them on tour. Pleaseutilize pockets to carry personal items and cash or credit cards for additional purchases.
• Having a face covering on at all times is REQUIRED. If you do not have a face-covering you may purchase one. You will not be permitted into the building without a face covering.
• We will practice social distancing of being 6 feet apart from others throughout the entire structure.
• You must already be registered for a tour. We are not permitting walk-up guests at this time.
• As much as we hope our efforts will minimize individuals coming in contact with COVID-19, we cannot guarantee it.
• We ask that guests arrive no more than 15 minutes before the start time of their tour.
• To adhere to current Covid-19 Policies and Procedures, we must we must receive a listing of each person’s name and phone number one week prior to their visit.