Bring your friends, co-workers or club members and witness a rich history of mid-century, organic architecture.
- Group Rate I: $17.00 per person for 15 or more people, finishing during business hours.
- Group Rate II: $20.00 per person for 15 or more people, finishing after business hours.
- Private Rate III: $350.00 for less than 15 people, finishing during business hours.
- Private Rate IV: $400.00 for less than 15 people, finishing after business hours.
*If your Group Tour decreases to under 15 people, it will become a Private Tour, the cost will be $350.00 (finishing during business hours) or $400.00 (finishing after business hours).
*Actual payment may be made on day of Group/Private Tour by check (made payable to The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio) or by permission to charge the card you used to hold the date and time.
For the optimal touring experience, we suggest that you block two hours in your itinerary which includes; time for touring, restrooms, giftshop and transition time from parking to the building.
Home and Studio Group Tour Policies and Procedures
- Length of tour is approximately a 1-1.5 hours.
- Tour parking is behind the old Post Street School.
- Motor coach groups must stop your bus outside of the gates and wait for tour guides to walk out and give directions for unloading. Pick up is on the outside of gates as well. Please instruct your bus driver to not take the bus beyond the gates.
- Motor coach groups only: 1 Tour Director is comped.
- Please notify us both, 30 days prior and 1 week prior to tour date of guest count (in writing to email@example.com), allowing us to schedule an adequate number of docents for your group.
- If cancellation becomes necessary, notice is required via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Cancellation Policy: If cancellation becomes necessary, please contact us two weeks prior to your tour for a full refund. If cancellation is made one week prior to your tour, you will receive a 50% refund. If less than 1-week notice is given, no refund will be made.
- To insure the safety of the artwork, all purses (including small cross bodies), handbags and other personal belongings will be stored in a locked cabinet during the tour. We recommend that they leave them on the bus so as to not slow the tour down. **Please notify guests that there is a giftshop that accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Cash. They may want to carry some money for purchases in their pockets.
- We allow exterior photography only. No interior photography is allowed.
- The Home and Studio is 20,000 square feet and has many level changes and is not required to follow ADA guidelines. It is not wheelchair accessible.
- Certified Service Animals are welcome. Pets are not allowed.
- Children must be 8 years old to attend tour. No exceptions.
- Public Restrooms are available on site. Guests will have access to them at the end of the tour.
- Tours end in our gift shop please allow time for those wanting to shop.
- Feel free to include a link to our website abdow.org on your promotional campaigns. Your guests can learn about Mr. Dow and his work under the history page or in the BLOG section.
- Attached is an image of or the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio that may be used in your marketing campaigns.
- Visit https://www.abdow.org/tours/while-in-midland/ to find links to other venues in the Midland area.