Advanced Reservations Required! Please Call 1.866.315.7678
Bus Touring Groups Welcome!
Bring your friends, co-workers or club members and witness a rich history of mid-century, organic architecture.
- Monday through Saturday
- February through December
Group/Private Tours: ADVANCED RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
- Group Rate I: $17.00 per person for 15 or more people, finishing during business hours.
- Group Rate II: $20.00 per person for 15 or more people, finishing after business hours.
- Private Rate III: $350.00 for less than 15 people, finishing during business hours.
- Private Rate IV: $400.00 for less than 15 people, finishing after business hours.
*If your Group Tour decreases to under 15 people, it will become a Private Tour, the cost will be $350.00 (finishing during business hours) or $400.00 (finishing after business hours).
*Actual payment may be made on day of Group/Private Tour by check (made payable to The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio) or by permission to charge the card you used to hold the date and time.
For the optimal touring experience, we suggest that you block two hours in your itinerary which includes; time for touring, restrooms, giftshop and transition time from parking to the building.
Home and Studio Group Tour Policies and Procedures
- Length of tour is approximately a 1-1.5 hours.
- Tour parking is behind the old Post Street School.
- Motor coach groups must stop your bus outside of the gates and wait for tour guides to walk out and give directions for unloading. Pick up is on the outside of gates as well. Please instruct your bus driver to not take the bus beyond the gates.
- Motor coach groups only: 1 Tour Director is comped.
- Please notify us both, 30 days prior and 1 week prior to tour date of guest count (in writing to email@example.com), allowing us to schedule an adequate number of docents for your group.
- If cancellation becomes necessary, notice is required via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Cancellation Policy: If cancellation becomes necessary, please contact us two weeks prior to your tour for a full refund. If cancellation is made one week prior to your tour, you will receive a 50% refund. If less than 1-week notice is given, no refund will be made.
- To insure the safety of the artwork, all purses (including small cross bodies), handbags and other personal belongings will be stored in a locked cabinet during the tour. We recommend that they leave them on the bus so as to not slow the tour down. **Please notify guests that there is a giftshop that accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Cash. They may want to carry some money for purchases in their pockets.
- We allow exterior photography only. No interior photography is allowed.
- The Home and Studio is 20,000 square feet and has many level changes and is not required to follow ADA guidelines. It is not wheelchair accessible.
- Certified Service Animals are welcome. Pets are not allowed.
- Children must be 8 years old to attend tour. No exceptions.
- Public Restrooms are available on site. Guests will have access to them at the end of the tour.
- Tours end in our gift shop please allow time for those wanting to shop.
- Feel free to include a link to our website abdow.org on your promotional campaigns. Your guests can learn about Mr. Dow and his work under the history page or in the BLOG section.
- Attached is an image of or the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio that may be used in your marketing campaigns.
- Visit https://www.abdow.org/tours/while-in-midland/ to find links to other venues in the Midland area.
Covid-19 Policies and Procedures
- Touring companies must provide The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio with a copy of the Covid-19 policies and procedures that they require their guests to adhere to by emailing them to email@example.com with a subject line that includes “Touring Company’s Name” and the phrase “Covid-19 Policies and Procedures.
- Guests should be pre-assigned to smaller groups of 10-12 and off load from the motor coach within their assigned groups.
- Tour directors are asked to review the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio Covid-19 Policies and Procedures with all the guests in their party.
- Having a face covering on at all times is REQUIRED. You will not be permitted into the building without a face covering.
- We will practice social distancing of being 6 feet apart from others throughout the entire structure.
- As much as we hope our efforts will minimize individuals coming in contact with COVID-19, we cannot guarantee it.
- We ask that groups arrive no more than 15 minutes before the start time of their tour.
- The Home and Studio has implemented new cleaning procedures. Guests are no longer allowed to sit on original furniture and will be directed to a small number of folding chairs placed throughout the structure.
- The Home and Studio is integrating educational programming back into our schedule. There is a possibility that a program may be running simultaneously with tour times and students will be in the building. Students are required to follow the same Covid-19 Policies and Procedures as all other guests. If you have questions or concerns please call us. 989.839.2744
- We reserve the right to add or change these policies and procedures at any time.