Advanced Reservations Required! Please Call 1.866.315.7678
***The blocks are closed for the season as we begin working on a major restoration project on the trellis. We will not be going out on the blocks during public tours until the project is complete.***
Bus Touring Groups Welcome!
Bring your friends, co-workers or club members and witness a rich history of mid-century, organic architecture.
- Monday through Saturday
- February through December
Group Rates: ADVANCED RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
- Group Rate I: $12.00 per person for 15 or more people, finishing during business hours.
- Group Rate II: $15.00 per person for 15 or more people, finishing after business hours.
- Group Rate III: $300.00 for less than 15 people, finishing during business hours.
- Group Rate IV: $350.00 for less than 15 people, finishing after business hours.
- Educational Class Tour, K-12: Free of Charge
- Educational Class Tour, College/University + extra focus (pre-determined): $8.00 per student
If your Group Tour decreases to under 15 people, it will become a private tour, the cost will be $300.00 (finishing during business hours) or $350.00 (finishing after business hours).
Drivers/Tour Director Rate:
Bus groups only: 1 Tour Director and 1 Bus Driver is comped.
If the Bus Driver joins the tour they may not leave the group early to retrieve the bus. They may leave once their group returns to the reception area.
We require a credit card to hold the reservation, with two follow up calls 1-30 days in advance and 1-1 week in advance.
Card will be charged the day of the tour using the head count from week prior phone call head count.
Cancellation Policy: If cancellation becomes necessary, please contact us two weeks prior to your tour for a full refund. If cancellation is made one week prior to your tour, you will receive a 50% refund. If less than 1 week notice is given, no refund will be made. Notice is required via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989.839.2744
Home and Studio Group Tour Policies and Procedures
- Length of tour is approximately a 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Tour parking is behind the old Post Street School.
- Bus groups must stop your bus outside of the gates and wait for tour guides to walk out and give directions for unloading. Pick up is on the outside of gates as well. Please instruct your bus driver to not take the bus beyond the gates.
- Bus groups only: 1 Tour Director and 1 Bus Driver is comped. If the Bus Driver joins the tour they may not leave the group early to retrieve the bus. They may leave once their group returns to the reception area.
- Please notify us both, 30 days prior and 1 week prior to tour date of guest count, allowing us to schedule an adequate number of docents for your group.
- To insure the safety of the artwork, all purses (including small cross bodies), handbags and other personal belongings will be stored in a locked cabinet during the tour.
- We allow exterior photography but not interior photography.
- The Home and Studio has many level changes and is not required to follow ADA guidelines. It is not wheelchair accessible.
- Certified Service Animals are welcome. Pets are not allowed.
- Children must be 8 years old to attend tour. No Children under 8 years old permitted.
- Public Restrooms are available on site.
- Tours end in our gift shop please allow time for those wanting to shop.
- Feel free to include a link to our website abdow.org on your promotional campaigns. Your guests can learn about Mr. Dow and his work under the history page or in the BLOG section.
- Visit https://www.abdow.org/tours/while-in-midland/ to find links to other venues in the Midland area.