***The blocks are closed for the season as we begin working on a major restoration project on the trellis. We will not be going out on the blocks during public tours until the project is complete.***
Do you have special guests from out of town at your home or workplace? Come and experience the rich history of mid-century, organic architecture.
- Groups of 14 or less – $300.00 finishing during normal business hours
- Groups of 14 or less – $350.00 finishing after normal business hours
- Monday through Saturday
- February through December
- Length of our tour is approximately an hour and a half
Home and Studio Private Tour Policies and Procedures
- Length of tour is approximately a 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Tour parking is behind the old Post Street School.
- Bus groups must stop your bus outside of the gates and wait for tour guides to walk out and give directions for unloading. Pick up is on the outside of gates as well. Please instruct your bus driver to not take the bus beyond the gates.
- Bus groups only: 1 Tour Director and 1 Bus Driver is comped. If the Bus Driver joins the tour they may not leave the group early to retrieve the bus. They may leave once their group returns to the reception area.
- Please notify us both, 30 days prior and 1 week prior to tour date of guest count, allowing us to schedule an adequate number of docents for your group.
- If cancellation becomes necessary, 30 day notice is required via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989.839.2744
- To insure the safety of the artwork, all purses (including small cross bodies), handbags and other personal belongings will be stored in a locked cabinet during the tour.
- We allow exterior photography but not interior photography.
- The Home and Studio has many level changes and is not required to follow ADA guidelines. It is not wheelchair accessible.
- Certified Service Animals are welcome. Pets are not allowed.
- Children must be 8 years old to attend tour. No Children under 8 years old permitted.
- Public Restrooms are available on site.
- Tours end in our gift shop please allow time for those wanting to shop.
- Feel free to include a link to our website abdow.org on your promotional campaigns. Your guests can learn about Mr. Dow and his work under the history page or in the BLOG section.
- Visit https://www.abdow.org/tours/while-in-midland/ to find links to other venues in the Midland area.