TERMS & CONDITIONS
Secure Website Confirmation
Your financial information will be kept secure through our credit card service provider.
Tour tickets purchased online will receive online email tour confirmation in lieu of mailed tickets.
Terms and Conditions
Your purchase of products from The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio constitutes your agreement to follow these Terms and Conditions and to be bound by them.
These Terms and Conditions May Change.
The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio reserves the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions whenever you purchase products from us or use our Web Site.
Purchases and Refund Policy
• Tickets purchased for The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio are good solely for the purchased tour date.
• No refunds or exchanges of any tickets for a venue or an event will be permitted because of weather conditions except if such venue or event is closed or cancelled by The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio due to severe weather conditions.
• Refunds or exchanges of any venue or special event tickets will not be allowed except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions unless a joint prearranged agreement to the ticket date has been made.
•Individuals with limited mobility and stamina will find The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio physically challenging. We are not wheelchair accessible. No refund will be allowed if an individual finds the space too difficult to navigate once they arrive for the tour.
Advance ticket purchase is essential for all tours at The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio. Tickets may be purchased online or by calling 989-839-2744.
Information contained within this website is made available for personal use only unless otherwise noted. Photographs, drawings, renderings, text, and any other content may not be reproduced in any form for any purpose, posted on other websites or used under any conditions without permission of The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio.
The image(s) of The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio and The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio logo cannot be sold, or otherwise used or provided to any third party, or used for purposes of advertising any service or product without the express written permission of The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio is a trademark and a registered service mark of Alden B. Dow Home and Studio. Unauthorized use of The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio is strictly prohibited.
Answers to common questions.
Do I have to make a reservation for a tour?
The only way we can guarantee a tour of The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio is with an advance reservation. Tickets for the tour may be purchased online or by phone. All special tours such as special events, Autumn Reflections, Movie Sundays, Jazz on the Terrace are available by advance purchase only. For the best choice of times you should make your reservation at least 10 days to two weeks in advance. For the special tours we recommend calling three to four weeks in advance as space is limited and these often sell out quickly. Reservations are available by calling 989-839-2744 or visiting our website abdow.wpengine.com.
How far in advance should I buy tickets?
If you plan to visit in July, August or October (our peak months), please call at least ten days to two weeks in advance. If you are bringing a group with you during those times, call six weeks in advance to avoid disappointment. For more information about group tours, visit our Group Tour Information page.
Are children and infants able to take the tour at the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio?
For the comfort and safety of all visitors, children must be eight years of age for tours. Children under eight-years-old, including toddlers and infants, are not permitted on tour.
Can I take photos during the tour?
Exterior photography is welcome but interior photography isn’t permitted. All photographs taken at the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio are for personal use only.
Do I have to take a guided tour?
The only way to tour the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio is on a guided tour.
How much time should I allow when visiting The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio?
We recommend that you allow at least two hours when planning your visit.
How should I dress for my visit?
A portion of the experience is outside and there is considerable walking. We recommend dressing appropriately for the weather and wearing comfortable walking shoes. We also require coats and jackets to be removed prior to leaving the reception area and moving into the home.
Can I carry my purse or backpack with me.
We do not allow bags of any type or style to travel into the home. This includes purses, backpacks, cross body, fanny packs, hand-held, and any other style that our docents deem inappropriate. We provide a secure locked cabinet for storage or you may choose to leave your belongings in vehicle. Many visitors enjoy our gift shop and prefer not having to retrieve their purse from their vehicle.
- Visitors to its web sites, including abdow.wpengine.com and all of its subdomains.
- The Henry Ford pages on Social media sites (such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Yelp, Google Plus and Tumbler).
- Physical cultural institutions (such as The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio, Homes on special tours and its traveling exhibits) and all electronic communications (collectively, the “Site”).
Visitors to the Site and those who communicate electronically with The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio are referred to as “Visitors” or “you.”
- How you accept this Policy. You accept this Policy by visiting the Site or by otherwise providing us with anonymous and/or with personal information.
- Information we collect that is not personally-identifiable:
A. We may use anonymous information and personal information in the aggregate for any lawful purpose, such as to improve the Site and the Visitor experience at the Site, to understand how the Site is used, to communicate with Visitors, to monitor the security and integrity of the Site, and to analyze our operations.
C. We may also use data about:
1. the device you used to access the Site or to transmit Information (such as hardware model, operating system version, browser, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number);
2. log information (Internet Protocol address, browser type, system activity, hardware settings, browser settings and language, date and time of access, last URL visited, cookies, how you used the Site);
3. if you enable features that are enabled for location detection, we may collect information about your actual location (such as GPS signals).
- What we collect about you that is personal (“PI”). We do not collect information that is personally identifiable unless you knowingly provide it to us. For example, we collect PI when you:
A. Make a donation to support scholarships at the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio (e.g., first name and surname, physical address, billing address and other credit card/purchasing processing information, email address, telephone number).
B. Download educational content from the Site (in some circumstances, you may transmit such content to your email address).
C. Use certain features at the Site, such as your curation of a personal online collection, sharing with friends or other colleagues content from the Site. (Although different features may generate different PI, such PI may include your email address and mobile telephone number).
D. Purchase tickets online for an event or engage in other online transactions (e.g., name, shipping address, billing address and other credit card/purchasing processing information, email address, telephone number).
E. Sign up to receive our newsletters, email communications, and feeds from blogs and social media, link to our social media platforms, and use our mobile app (e.g., addresses for email and other electronic communications, log-in information, social media account information).
F. Participate in online activities, such as games, contests, surveys, classrooms, and chat. Information collected varies according to the activities and is clearly identified at the point of collection. Such Information may include name, address, birthdate, email address, and telephone number. For some activities, such as “Must Sees,” information is used to enable communication but is not stored.
G. Communicate with us (e.g., name, address, email address). Please note that you should not send confidential or proprietary information to us via email, other electronic communication, or posted to a public platform.
- How We Use PI.
A. We use PI for the purposes for which you provide it to us (as stated above), to communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, to send notifications about our policies, to personalize your experience at the Site, to personalize advertising and to communicate with you regarding events, activities, programs, and products from the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio. Your provision of PI constitutes “opting in” to receiving messages from the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio, to the extent laws applicable to you or the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio require such “opt in” mechanisms. You can opt out of receiving future emails and electronic communications.
B. We may combine PI you have provided online with other information we obtain about you, such as through purchases in our stores, information that is publicly available, and information we received from our third-party vendors and others. We may disclose PI as required by law and/or in response to service of legal process, such as a court order, summons, subpoena, and the like.
C. We do not sell your PI to third parties. Other than Agents, we do not share your PI with third parties. An “Agent” is any third party that collects or uses personal information under the instructions of, and solely for, The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio, or a third party to which the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio discloses personal information for use on the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio behalf. Examples includes entities who assist us in credit card processing, membership, events, activities, marketing, technology support, management of social media platforms, and solicitation of donations. Agents shall comply with the privacy obligations stated in this Policy.
D. We implement technical, administrative and physical security measures designed to protect Visitor PI against improper access, although no data security measures can be guaranteed.
- Your Control Over PI. If you have created an account with us, you may correct, and update your account. We may need to retain certain information for a period of time to ensure proper fulfillment of orders and compliance with law. You may change your choices for receipt of our print and electronic newsletters, promotions, and communications. Where applicable, you may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from third parties. Please note that deleting certain PI and changing your communications preferences may limit or prevent us from providing goods or services to you. If you have provided PI to us and wish to revoke our use of it, you will need to send us a written request (first class mail, email, or other reliable form of written communication) to delete or cease use of your PI. We are not required to alter or delete information stored for purposes of backup or disaster recovery. We will retain your PI information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
- Credit Card Information. Your credit card information will be stored temporarily on a secured server and used only as needed to process your transaction.
- Information about children. At the Site, we do not target the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13. For special activities that may be of particular interest to children, some of whom may be under the age of 13, if we intend to collect personal information from children we (a) notify parents about our information practices and obtain consent from the parents, (b) specify the types of personal information we may collect, how we may use it, and with whom we may share that information, (c) collect no more information than necessary for the child’s participation in the activity, and (d) give parents control over the PI collected and/or the ability to request that the PI be changed or deleted
- Links to Other Websites. At the Site, we may provide links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those sites, including their privacy policies. Please review the privacy policies of such sites.
- Place of Business; Governing Law. The Site is delivered from, and the relationship created between you and the Alden B Dow Home and Studio through this Policy, is deemed to take place in Midland Michigan USA. The Policy is entered into and performed in Midland, Michigan USA. The Policy does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Michigan. The terms of this Policy, including their validity and enforceability, is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Michigan, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Without limitation, the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio does not represent that its Policy complies with privacy laws outside the U.S., including the European Union Data Protection Directive, the Switzerland Data Protection Law, or the Canadian Privacy Law.
- Dispute Resolution. The parties shall attempt to resolve any disputes through good faith business negotiations or facilitative mediation. All disputes or claims arising out of or relating to this Policy (including the alleged breach thereof) shall be settled by arbitration, to be conducted by a single arbitrator, by and in accordance with the then effective commercial rules of the American Arbitration Association; provided that the arbitrator shall not have authority to issue injunctions. The costs of the arbitration and the reasonable attorneys’ fees of the prevailing party shall be included in any award rendered by the arbitrator. The proceedings shall be conducted only in the English language. Judgment upon the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The parties expressly submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of these courts and waive any objection on the grounds of personal jurisdiction, venue, or forum non conveniens.
- Severability. If any portion of this Policy is found to be unenforceable, such portion will be modified to reflect the intent of the parties set forth in such portion and only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. The remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio
315 Post Street
Midland, MI 48640
Mon – Sat at 2 PM & Fri – Sat 10 AM
Reservations Required either book online or by calling 1.866.315.7678