Our Connections Exhibit is such a wonderful way to learn about people who Alden and Vada Dow interacted with on personal and professional levels. The
Friday & Saturday: 10 AM & 2 PM
The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio wants to ensure the highest quality experience and safety for our staff, volunteers and guests. With Covid-19 infection rates escalating to record numbers we are suspending tours beginning tomorrow, Tuesday, November 17th through to the end of December. We hope the new restrictions will greatly decrease the number of cases and potential exposure. If you have scheduled a tour during that time, we will be contacting you directly.
Thank you for your understanding. Please stay safe and healthy.
All my best,
Craig McDonald Director
Covid-19 Policies and Procedure:
• The individual who make the reservation is asked to review the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio Covid-19 Policies and Procedures with all the guests in their party. By checking the box, that individual guarantees they have reviewed the policies and each person in their party has agreed to them.
• Guests are encouraged to leave personal items such as coats, backpacks and purses in their vehicles as they are not allowed to carry them on tour. Please utilize pockets to carry personal items and cash or credit cards for additional purchases.
• Having a face covering on at all times is REQUIRED. If you do not have a face-covering you may purchase one. You will not be permitted into the building without a face covering.
• Temperatures will be taken by a member of our staff as you enter the structure. If your temperature is over 100° you will be asked to reschedule your tour. If you are part of a group that has traveled together to the Home and Studio, we will ask that all members of your party reschedule your tour at a later date.
• We will practice social distancing of being 6 feet apart from others throughout the entire structure.
• You must already be registered for a tour. We are not permitting walk-up guests at this time.
• As much as we hope our efforts will minimize individuals coming in contact with COVID-19, we cannot guarantee it.
• We ask that guests arrive no more than 15 minutes before the start time of their tour.
We are adhering to local, state and federal guidance, regulations and orders regarding the COVID-19 crisis are being followed. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) have issued guidance. The Alden B. Dow Home and Studio will continue to follow and monitor these governmental requirements and guidelines.
Home and Studio Tourist Policies and Procedure:
• Parking: Tour parking is behind the Post Street School.
• Photography: We allow exterior photography only.
• As a National Historic Landmark, the Alden B. Dow Home and Studio is not required to follow ADA guidelines. It is not wheelchair accessible.
• We provide a secured closet to lock up coats, purses, backpacks and other personal belongings that are not allowed to travel through the Home and Studio.
• Length of tour is approximately an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes.
• Children must be 8 years old to attend tour.
• Student Age pricing is 8 years to traditional college age of 23 years old.
• Valid College ID required at check-in.
• Senior Age pricing is 60 years or older.
24 hour Advanced Reservations Required either book online or by calling 1.866.315.7678